AstroSphinx.se

Random thoughts, ideas and guesses, both educated and intuitive. Remarks on how others have seen the future and who was correct. på engelska

My Photo
Name:
Location: Huddinge, Stockholmsland, Sweden

Just another avatar in Second Life lured in with the promise of a baby unicorn..

Sunday, December 02, 2007

yeah most people know my name by now..



Thought this was cute.. took it from Adam Star's page.. but is it really ME? Who can say, being an AstroSphinx, who can really know the "real me"?

I see the fox as being in a world half way between cat and dog.. urban and yet out in the landscape of the countryside.. the one who lives in areas of transition, and with transition comes the need for flexiblity and the ablity to transform situtations which can be crisis, to advantagous conditions.. this is how I see it.. then it would ring much more like me.

In Japan there are lots of myths about foxes as well.. not to mention that I recently said something about the Brittish Queen giving up fox hunting and shooting at ex MI6 agents instead.. ;) (in my dreams!!)

But the name Inachus is a river god and only seems to have a relationship to Greek mythology... but there are some Egyptian referances. There is a relationsihp to the Eleusinian Mysteries..

But a fox and a river (frozen) are symbols we see in the last two of the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching.. a fox crossing a river.. personal referance with that was that the last reading I did for myself personally was number 64.."Not Yet Completed" or "Before Completion"... it is where a fox is trying to cross a frozen river and not get his tail wet.. or fall through the ice for that matter..it is a symbol of water and fire.. moving towards each other.. if you take it apart, the fox being the fire walking on the water of the icy river..



I got it with 3 changes last time.. changes to the inverse number hexagram 46 "Assending" or "Pushing Upward"..(Earth over Wind) Image of a sprout growing from under the earth to reach above ground..

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I suppose I'm in no position to judge whether or not the Fox is appropriate for you, but it's an evocative symbol. The fox is halfway between dogs and cats, fascinating insight. And such a major symbol the world round. The Fox is a Promethean figure ,rebellious and enlightening. I aspire to someday being Fox Wise.
And those Grecian River Gods are fascinating things as well. I can't help but be struck by Inachus being the founder of Argos. I mean, a hypnonaut resonating Argos? Argos also being the name of the builder of the ship the Argo, vessel of the Argonauts, an intelligent ship with the wisdom of Athena. That's just about the coolest thing in the world (don't get me started on the Argo thing, that's just the tip of the iceberg).

I know one other Dorian, I've known her my entire life, and she's the most skillful and proficient of dreamers. Plus she taught me how t do the I Ching.

Monday, December 03, 2007 5:17:00 pm  
Blogger AstroSphinx said...

ah.. as always you stun me... tell me is there another Dorian born in New York who's first language is Chinese and studied the I Ching?

Monday, December 03, 2007 9:04:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, she's my mother, so yes born in NY, no to 1st language being Chinese (in this lifetime anyway), and yes indeed to studying the I Ching.

I think the name has a very feminine character (obviously), but you're the only 2 female Dorians I've heard of.

Monday, December 03, 2007 9:30:00 pm  
Blogger AstroSphinx said...

As far as the name Dorian goes, I have heard of one other Dorian, also female (besides your mother); It was a very wonderful artist who came to visit my college at one time.. she mentioned something about a review where she was assumed to be a man because she used initials instead of her name on her works..

I mentioned something about my peice in the show, which was also Reviewed.. with my name Dorian...also assumed to be a male, and she mentioned she named her own daughter Dorian... and the name served her well because the assumption you are a male (at least when everyone wants to write about your work and review you..) helps.

Because of a few male classmated being named Dorian, and some of the problems having a surname which works as a first name.. I have used many different names in my schools (partially because I changed schools so much that in rebellion I purposely changed my name too...or used various versions of my name such as Dori..or went completely mad and called myself Sonja when its not even my name!!!)

But I guess I grew into my birth name.. especially when I got the general idea of why I have this name to begin with.. My mother was pregnant with me when she was watching "Portrait of Dorian Grey" and right there she decided what she was going to name me, wether I was a boy or a girl.. so I think after reading Oscar Wild and such..I understand it was my own influence upon my mother before I was born, after all, its a good name.. and its the only part of my full name which is really mine.. as I given a first and after name which was third hand.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 11:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home